|Pakistan Journal of Aqua Bio-Sciences (ISSN: 1562 1286) is an official international journal of Centre of Excellence in Marine Biology, consigned to the study of the aquatic Biosciences. The Journal publishes peer-reviewed Original scientific papers, Short Communication, Overviews, Reviews, Opinion papers and Scientific note in all the aquatic bio-science fields including Ecology, Taxonomy, Genetics, Physiology, Molecular Biology, Biosystematics on species to community level as well as dealing with Fisheries and Aquaculture, aquatic systems (Marine waters, Fresh waters and Wetland systems), resources management and their boundaries, organisms including the impact of human activities on these systems. The journal also considers the papers from the other allied science fields that related to biota and aquatic bio-systems.|
Key Features of Aqua Bio-Sciences
|• This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.|
|Instruction to authors|
|Pakistan Journal of Aqua Bio-Sciences (ISSN: 1562 1286) is an international journal consigned to the study of the aquatic Biosciences. The Journal publishes peer-reviewed Original scientific papers, Short Communication, overviews, Reviews and Opinion papers and Scientific note in all the aquatic bio-science fields including Aquaculture, Ecology, Taxonomy, Genetics, Physiology, Molecular Biology, Biosystematics on species level as well as dealing with aquatic systems (wetlands, freshwater and marine systems) and their boundaries, including the impact of human activities on these systems.|
|2. Papers should be written in clear English.|
|3. Manuscripts submitted for publication should be typewritten with double spacing and broad margins. The pages must be numbered. The title page should contain: full title, name(s) of author (s), name (s) and address (es) of the institute where the study was carried out, name, address and e-mail address of corresponding author.|
|4. Manuscripts should be submitted preferentially by email (email@example.com) as an attached Word file (including Figures and tables) or through online submission system.|
|5. Manuscripts should be headed with an abstract including a summary of the aims, the main results and the conclusions of the study. The abstract should not exceed 220 words, and should be followed by a list of key words.|
6. Please arrange the Manuscript contents in this order
Material and Methods
Discussion (Results and Discussion may be combined in one section)
Conflict of Interest
Tables, Figures, Illustrations, Legends
|7. Tables should be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals and bear a legend at the top. They are to be attached to the end of the manuscript. In the text they are referred to as "Tab. 1" etc.|
|8. Figures should be cited consecutively in the text by Arabic numerals (Fig. 1).|
|9. The scientific names of species and genus should be written by Italic font.|
10. There are five categories of contributions:
-Primary Research papers(no limit for printed pages)
-Short Communication(2−4 printed pages)
-Review papers(no limit for printed pages)
-Opinion papers(2−4 printed pages)
-Scientific note(1-2 printed pages)
|11. The approximate position of each figure or table should be indicated in the manuscript.|
|12. All Manuscripts should have Conflict of Interest statements at the end of manuscript. A competing interest is anything that interferes with, or could reasonably be perceived as interfering with, the full and objective presentation, peer review, editorial decision-making, or publication of research or non-research articles submitted to PJABS. The following declarations regarding conflict of interest are suggested to be incorporated in the text:|
|11a. Authors state no conflict of interest.|
|11b. Authors have no potential conflict of interest pertaining to this submission to PJABS.|
|11c. Authors have following potential conflict of interest to disclose (please describe).|
|13. Acknowledgements of people, grants, funds, etc. should be listed in a separate section before the References.|
|14. All publications cited in the text should be presented in the list of references. The authors should provide complete, correct and properly structured references in alphabetical order of authors. If the article or book has DOI number, the authors are required to provide it in the references section. This will allow automatic creation of active links, thus adding a greater value to a particular publication.|
15. References in the text should be cited in the following form:
APA Citation Examples:
|• The principal author or corresponding author needs to submit the declaration statement along with manuscript that clearly states;|
Prof. Dr. Khalid M. Iraqi
Chairman BoG / Vice-Chancellor
|Editor in Chief:||
Dr. Noor Us Saher
Dr. Sher Khan Panhwar
Dr. Faiz Muhammad
Dr. Amjad Ali
Dr. Zaib Un Nisa Burhan
|Publication & Circulation Incharge:||
Mr. Muhammad Faizan Ur Rehman
Mr. Waqar Inayat
All articles submitted to Pakistan Journal of Aqua Bio-Sciences are initially assessed (based on concept and originality) by Chief Editor/ Editor’s, who decides about the aptness of the article for peer review. Submissions considered suitable for peer review are assigned to two or more independent experts, who assess the article for concept evaluation, validity, clarity, and sound methodology.
Pakistan Journal of Aqua Bio-Sciences operates a double-blind peer review process, meaning that authors and reviewers remain anonymous for the review process. The review period is expected to take around four weeks. Reviewers are asked to provide formative feedback, even if an article is not deemed suitable for publication in the journal. Based on the reviewer reports the editor will make a recommendation for acceptance, minor or major revisions, or rejection. Overall editorial responsibility rests with the journal’s Editor-in-Chief and Editor’s.
The publication of a peer reviewed journal requires continuous work, responsibility, liability and collaboration from all involved parties: authors, reviewers, chief editor, managing editors, associate editors, editors and board members. The chief editor/ editors have the responsibility of keeping/monitoring the publishing ethics and maintaining the academic record. The Editorial Board assumes their responsibility on verifying the originality of data and articles to avoid any kind of plagiarism. The editorial team goal is to maintain the publication at the highest publication standards, implying: good quality, original, research based articles, but also corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies, if needed. We appreciate the contributions of every associated and involved party to the work that we publish. Publication and Authorship:
• All submitted papers are subject to strict blind peer review process by at least two national and international reviewers.
• The rejected articles are not being resent for reviewing.
• The papers before being sent for reviewing are first checked by anti-plagiarism software. Authors should cite or provide all information sources of data used in the research. Plagiarism in all its forms is unethical and it is unacceptable.
• Authors must ensure that the submitted article is their original work, which has not been previously published.
• Authors must ensure that the submitted article has not been considered for publication elsewhere.
• Authors must state that all data in the paper are real and authentic.
• Authors must report any errors in their published paper to the Chief Editor/ Editors/Managing Editors.
• Authors should provide revised version of their article, according to the reviewers' recommendations.
• Any manuscript received for reviewing will be treated as confidential document.
• Reviewers should identify and highlighted relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors.
• Reviews should be conducted objectively, and observations should be formulated clearly with supporting arguments, so that authors can use them for improving the paper;
• Reviewers should inform the Chief editor/editors on any substantial similarity between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper;
• Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Chief Editor/ Editors' responsibilities:
• Editors decide which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published.
• Editors are responsible for the contents and overall quality of the publication.
• Editors should evaluate manuscripts exclusively on the basis of their academic and research merit.
• Peer review assists the editors in making editorial decisions. Editors should publish only peer reviewed accepted articles.
• Editors should have a clear picture of a research's funding sources.
• An editor must not use unpublished information in the editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
Whether intentional or not, plagiarism is a serious violation. Plagiarism is the copying of ideas, text, data and other creative work (e.g. tables, figures and graphs) and presenting it as original research without proper citation. We define plagiarism as a case in which a paper reproduces another work with at least 18% similarity and without citation.
If evidence of plagiarism is found before/after acceptance or after publication of the paper, the author will be offered a chance for refutation. If the arguments are not found to be satisfactory, the manuscript will be retracted and the author sanctioned from publishing papers for a period to be determined by the responsible Editor(s).